Friday 20 May 2011

I love Lucy!

I love Lucy! Really, I really do. I love Lucy is a great TV sitcom and nobody does physical comedy quite as good as Lucille Ball. Not to mention a great wardrobe, giving us a glimpse of the American 1950-60s dressing. Lucille Ball embodied the 1950s feminine look while adding her own touch of masculinity at times.

My favourite 'I love Lucy' episodes are ‘L.A at last’ (I’m completely biased because William Holden, the excellent actor from Sunset Boulevard and Sabrina, is in it!) and ‘Lucy does a TV commercial’

L.A at last (with William Holden!)


(I would feel uncomfortable if he looks at me like this too! :D But I wouldn't mind. Who would?)


The interaction between Lucy and William is priceless, I didn't know Holden could do comedy well too. He seemed like a nice guy who doesn't mind making fun of himself. 


Anyway! Some of Lucy's outfit that inspires me the most...

1. Lucy wears the Pants with black flats, blouse or even a raglan shirt!

Raglan shirt + pants + flats = winning? 

2. Lucy does her own Annie Hall
3. Lucy and her big Coats
(Lucy, far left; Very pretty dress too!)

4. Lucy & her humor

Some of the pictures are taken from heckyeahlucilleballilovelucy's tumblr, visit it for more pictures of Lucille Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment